The extensive teacher training curriculum choices blend the best of Eastern and Western traditions, science and philosophies. The training is a fusion of the traditional Eastern teachings of Yoga and Ayurveda with teachings from highly experienced and dynamic western Yoga masters, offering trainees an opportunity to impart their study practically and relevantly in a global yoga environment.
Through practicing and living Yoga, our holistic approach focuses on the Hot Yoga / Bikram Method style of Hatha Yoga and forming a well-rounded basis for authentic teaching and personal practice development. We will explore essential tools such as alignment, movement, adjustments, sequencing, meditation, yogic lifestyle and philosophy. Our training gives you the support of a like-minded group of people dedicated to the art of practice and it provides a safe and nurturing environment in which to learn and grow. The process is enhanced by the physical location and the power of nature.
Our mission is to provide each trainee with the skills and experience to lead a class safely, creatively and authentically, thereby empowering a new and deeply satisfying life path as a teacher of Yoga.
Global Yoga offers something special for trainees whenever possible an (optional) opportunity to go beyond the mat and right into the world. At the end of training, those who like can finish the training with a real opportunity to teach an actual class to real students. This really gives our trainees a powerful experience and the confidence to teach immediately upon returning home, if desired. The group also has the option to dive into the business of yoga and social responsibility and to also market these classes and raise money via the classes for local charities. This optional part of the program happens organically and is enlivened by, and unique to, each event and its participants.
Best of all, our training is experiential. As you deepen your practice and develop new skills, you will find your own voice as a teacher. A training manual will be provided to support your lectures, practice and personal yoga development. To assist your yoga journey and personal discoveries, students are encouraged to maintain a reflective journal for the duration of Yoga Teacher Training. Competency for graduation as a yoga teacher will be assessed on class participation, written assessments and on-going observations during classes.
Because our trainings exceed the standards set forth by Yoga Alliance, our graduates are eligible to join and be listed in the Yoga Alliance Registry at the 200 hour level. These credentials, in conjunction with certification through Global Yoga, assure that your qualifications will be recognized on an international level and will help you take advantage of emerging professional opportunities.
OUR CURRICULUM MEETS THE YOGA ALLIANCE 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING STANDARDS AND INCLUDES:
CORE PRACTICE AND TEACHING SKILLS
- The power of the Bikram Method Yoga Primary Series
- Yoga Asana: Movements, actions, alignment and energetics
- Hands-on Adjustments: The power of touch
- Core Teaching Skills: Language, observation & ethics
- Sharing Yoga: Setting up classes and workshops
- Reading the Student: Teaching all levels and ages
- Pranayama: The Yoga of breath
- Meditation: Directing the mind and healing the heart
- Practice Teaching
YOGA PHILOSOPHY AND SCIENCE
- Introduction to Ayurveda: The science and wisdom of life
- Yoga and Ayurveda Interface: Their combined power
for optimal health
- The Yoga of Food: Basic yogic diet and nutrition
- Yoga Philosophy: Sacred texts
- Yamas and Niyamas: The universal laws of life
- Prana: The power of Yoga, life and healing
APPLIED ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Seeing Bodies: Muscular and skeletal anatomy as applied
to Yoga postures
- Asana Application for "Real" Bodies: practices which emphasize
stability and fluidity in the body
- Healing and Prevention: Common injuries, their causes
- The Subtle Bodies: Function of the Yogic body -- Marmas, Chakras & Nadis
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- The Business of Yoga: Making ends meet while making a difference
- Teaching: Finding work & growing your student base
- Studio Basics: The nuts and bolts of funding, marketing
and running a studio
- Yoga Retreats: How to organize, facilitate and promote a retreat